MSSW, LCSW, SUDS, S.C.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Substance Use Disorder Specialty
TF-CBT, National Certification
EMDR, Level 1 & 2
BJ sees Children (ages 5 and older), adolescents, adults, and families, and groups.
Specialty areas using a Trauma-informed and culturally sensitive lens:
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- EMDR (including addiction and early trauma protocols)
- Treatment of complex trauma and dissociation in youth and adults
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills (DBT)
- Substance use disorder counseling
- Behavioral concerns of children and adolescents
- Family systems focus including for families involved in foster care
- Group therapy
Training and Experience:
BJ Nichols has over 13 years of experience providing psychotherapy. She has co-facilitated groups for adolescents seeking substance use disorder treatment, provided intensive in-home family therapy, and worked in a community mental health facility. She has developed groups for DBT both in schools and in clinic. She has provided trainings on trauma-informed care and on dissociative disorders. Ms. Nichols has taught at the UW-Madison Part-time Social Work program.
Also available to provide supervision for clinicians seeking supervision for licensing.