Licensed Clinical Social Worker
EMDR, Level 1 & 2
Types of Clients:
Jacob sees adults, older adolescents, seniors, couples, and families.
Treatment Specialties: Harmful sexualized behaviors, sexual compulsivity, healthy sexuality, adjustment issues, conduct disorders, personality disorders, anger management, and trauma resolution.
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Motivational interviewing
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
• Behavioral concerns of children and adolescents
• Pre-adjudication and sentencing mitigation
• Risk Needs Responsivity-adherent programming for mandated clients
• Group therapy
Training and Experience:
Jacob has over 10 years of experience providing psychotherapy in community and institutional settings. He has supervised an evidenced based inpatient treatment program for individuals who have engaged in harmful sexual behavior and led the development of adapted programming for individuals with developmental disabilities. Jacob assisted in facilitating research on the effect of trauma in harmful sexual interests and the efficacy of EMDR to reduce these interests. He instructs for the University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Social Work, teaching a graduate-level mental health policy course. Jacob believes strongly in Social Work values and ethics and has devoted his career to implementing best practices in psychotherapy and criminal justice.
• MSW – University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012
• BS – Computer Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2001
Licenses and Certifications: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (7895-123)
• Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
• Wisconsin Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (WiATSA), Treasurer